Friday, January 9, 2009

Lifeisgood.

Don't really have time to write a full life-update (nor do I really want to), but just checking in to say happy new year to all I haven't talked to!

Real quick:

Back at work now meaning internet again~ thus this short update.
Also, I moved! I no longer live in Green Park, but now live much closer to school. I will be within biking distance from my school and couldn't be happier. My new land lady is amazing -- in the first four days of being there she has made me *fresh* soursop juice, beet juice, and juneplum juice. We get along great - she sleeps around 7:00 and wakes around 5:00. I am about an hour and a half later on both counts. I feel totally at ease talking to her, and I don't see any reason why I would ever move. I didn't even realize how much I needed out from the Bishop's place until I actually left.
In the past month I have travelled to rural Jamaica for some hiking (photos on facebook), and done a lot of catching up on rest/studying. I have done real HIV/AIDS work, and am starting to coordinate a local basketball tournament to fund the Jamaica Red Cross. I am looking into a possible project working to train Jamaican EMTs -- that would blow my mind -- and am stoked about the possibility.
Also, Jordan and Will are planning to visit in mid-April, which will just be awesome. Viva la Rum Tour.
Possibly the best part of my break was catching up on music. Actually, the entire PC has been great for that. I feel like a music god now that I have time to do what I like to do. Essentially, me time is great. Props to Jenn/Mira on Bon Iver. Can't wait for Andrew Bird on January 20.

Gotta get back to work -- I will get back on soon with a better update and some pictures. I am having an internet hookup put in at my new place, so I should be more in contact in no time.


Happy new year!
-TG

No comments: