Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pictures!

Moods fluctuate like the wind down here, and though things are generally decent, today I am particularly motivated. Maybe it was the two eggs and piece of bread I had for lunch, but probably not. Whatever the reason, I thought I would try to catch up on sharing some pictures with whoever cares to see them...



Here is me in my backyard with a shaved head. I don't really have many pictures with me in them -- I had to dig deep for this one. You are welcome!

This is the view from the top of my roof looking at my host family's yard. Since this picture was taken, all the high grass has been plowed down and we have started planting corn and banana trees. I stupidly never took a picture of the part of the yard that is already planted with stuff... I'll get on that soon.



This is Falmouth on a decently crowded day. I think this picture was taken on the day Usain Bolt was coming into town, but not positive. Anyways, yes. Old-ish buildings and wan oul eep of di yaadi dem. (Patwa for lots of Jamaicans)

Yeah, not too much to share, but something is better than nothing right? I'll work on getting pictures that actually show how beautiful this place is... it truly is worth seeing. Shameless plug for anyone who wants to come to the Caribbean anytime soon -- free housing and tour guide!

Love,
Me


2 comments:

JStone said...

looks pretty sweet! also, i'm a fan of the shaved head look ... but i'm probably in the minority. extended email soon.

Jon

Megan said...

Dude. I wish I was in J-town with you.